Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pumpkin pie that could make you a hero

I'm not known for my pies. Cheesecake? Check. Pavlova with hand-whipped egg whites? Easy enough. Four layer chocolate cake that takes three days to make? No problem. But pie crust? It's enough to make me shake in my boots. I know you're supposed to use cold ingredients. I know you're not supposed to work the dough too much. But no matter what I do the pie crust never turns out very good. Not nearly as good as, say, my sister Kathryn's.

So when my sister called me last night and asked for a pie recipe, I nearly jumped for joy. I wish I could say it's because of my stellar pie making ability, but it's really because the recipe is that good. Don't let the plain name - Pumpkin Pie - fool you. This particular pumpkin pie is spiked with chipotle chili powder, which gives it just a touch of smoky heat. It's the perfect accent for the pumpkin. Even though pumpkin pie "season" has passed, I'd recommend making it as soon as possible. It might make you a pie hero in your own home.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-with-chipotle

P.S. Hi Kathryn!

No comments:

Post a Comment